So you’d like to rank high on Google?
The good news is that this is completely possible and there are a number of affordable strategies available to you right now.
I could easily fill several books outlining the wonder that is Search Engine Optimization and I’m resisting the urge to do that. Instead here is a brief overview of how Google works.
Google is not human, but it’s trying to be.
Sounds like a very strange statement but stay with me. In order to understand and cater for the wants and needs of its clients, Google needs to understand them (that’s you). Developments are being made all the time to ensure that when you input a search term that it will give you the result you want within fractions of a second.
When selecting the keywords, you’d like Google to rank you for, try not to be too general.
Try to think like Google:
Suppose I was to type ‘cars’ into the search bar. What do you think would come up?
Actually, I have. So, I’ll just tell you:
- Three adverts from local car dealerships.
- Three top stories on the new Tesla, Trump’s car tariffs and a report on Americas lightest and heaviest cars.
- Because I’m writing this in South Shields, there is a well ranked website for a local car dealership.
- Videos on the movie ‘Cars’ and a couple of other viral YouTube videos on cars.
- A Wikipedia page on the film ‘Cars’.
- Some articles from Major car magazines.
- On the right-hand side of the page is an interesting graphic detailing what a car is and its function (If you’ve yet to sit your driving test, might be worth a look).
With an enquiry so general, Google has to cast a wide net hoping that the information you want is somewhere on that page.
Specific keywords help create a niche, yet it is surprising how many people will try to rank high for very generalised terms. This is often not cost effective and therefore not producing a great return on your investment.
S.E.O. or Search Engine Optimisation works to make sure that your website and subsequent posts and blogs used in marketing are recognised by Google (and other search engines) as being relevant to what the user wants when they type in a specific key word or group of keywords.
When you optimise your site, it can be useful to see what your competitors are doing that works and emulate this. Your competitors are not infallible however and may not be taking advantage of the tools available to rank their company high on Google.
Your Content Write are S.E.O. trained and perform a number of functions to ensure your brand is both known and trusted and will rank on Google to a level that meets your business goals.
For Existing sites, we perform a free SEO check and tell you exactly what you need to do to improve the ranking of your site.
If you would like your free S.E.O. health check click ‘contact’ above with your business website address and we will get back to you within 24 hours.